Introduction to Buglab:
Buglab is a decentralized platform which is utilizing Ethereum’s power to provide reliable, secure and versatile penetration testing for the digital solutions of the enterprise. This platform strikes to offer an ecosystem where companies will be able to connect to the experienced cybersecurity researchers in the global network. Two main programs will be initialy offered by Buglab which will help the companies all over the globe to fix the vulnerabilities of their digital assets or to get best solutions.
What are the two main programs of Buglab?
Vigilante protocol: By using this program, a special platform will be provided to the WhiteHat where they can upload their vulnerability discoveries. To highlight the companies which are at high risk or to verify the discoveries, Buglab will take help from CERTs worldwide. Following tasks will be accomplished by vigilante protocol.
- Authentic reporting
- Partnership with CSIRT and CERT
- Whitehats automatic generated rewards
Contest: In an incentivized ecosystem, Buglab will connects the customers or companies with an international network of experienced cybersecurity penetration testers. In the deadline based competitions, the testers will get reward for their best cumulative discoveries. Following tasks will be completed by this program.
- Real time collaboration
- Certified penetration
- Full customization
What is the problem in the traditional penetration testing system?
Many new companies or individuals with digital assets, face the problem of cybersecurity. The scammers get breach in to the system and hack the whole website. Corporations are well aware of these security issues but it is very difficult for them to find a certified experienced cybersecurity professional or researcher at the exact time. The other main problem of traditional penetration testing systems are
- Lack of sources and exposure: Pentesters do not get much exposure in the traditional system because limited work is allotted to them in each task. So, the traditional cyber security firms are limiting the talent of the penesters.
- Cost inefficiency: Companies spend alot of money but do not get the high-quality work in return. They are paying for vulnerability structure of bounties or on pentesting billable hours model,
- Irrelevancy in reporting: In case of bug bounties, a very little amount is given by the clients, so researcher do not do deep analysis and it results in irrelevancy in reporting.
What is the solution provided by Buglab?
Buglab is going to solve the problems of the traditional system by allowing the clients to get help from the mass of pentesters or to choose an expert team from a well known company. On this platform, the researchers are allowed to uncover a large number of vulnerabilities to get the high score. On the basis of sensitivity of data, various privacy options will be offered to the clients. Depending upon the needs of organization, a large number of customizations will be offered by this platform such as
- Private contest: The customers have a choose to select any talented team from a famous company or to choose a specific number of penesters to complete the security challenges.
- Public contest: The community or a single person will get the public participate invitation after providing the basic information and launching the contest.
- Selection of the filters: In case of a private challenge, clients can use various filters like skillset, score, score etc. to select the pentesters.
- Triage system: To identify the duplicates, the reported vulnerabilities will directly move to the sorting system and then it will be notified on the customer’s dashboard. The customers will get notification of relevant submissions only.
- Reports: The company will get the reports related to its security contest i.e. summary of every performance of the contest. The clients are allowed to graphically analyze the progress of its assets and security status.
- Client managed: The clients are allowed to choose the required contest management from Basic, Pro and Enterprise. In case of enterprise, client will be responsible for classifying, sorting and grading reports.
- Leader board: On the basis of the results and experience on the platform, the ranking of the community pentesters will be appeared on the dashboard. It will help the clients to search for the best pentesters for a private challenge.
- Chat: The report of vulnerability will allow to get help from the pentesters after proper conversations.
- Fix companion: Buglab will also do the verification of the fix implementation at enterprise level.
Which token is used on this platform?
Buglab is utilizing the BGL token for the incentive penetration testing. The tokens can be utilized for covering the cost of contest, to pay transaction fees, to reward the contest winners, to give funds for BTR or VPR and to reward CSIRTs or CERTs for the triaging vulnerabilities.
- Token name: BGL
- Token price: o.15 USD = 1 BGL
- Acceptable currency: ETH
- Hard cap: 20,000,000 USD
- Soft cap: 6,000,000 USD
- General token sale: 40%
- Advisors: 7%
- Team: 10%
- Marketing: 10%
- Reserve: 1%
- Future product development: 10%
- Community campaign: 2%
- Vigilante protocol reserve: 20%
Buglab is going to link the community of expert cybersecurity penetration testers with the organizations which face cyber security issues. The testers earn BTR coins on uncovering system vulnerabilities and ranked by potential impacts or severity. By solving the major problems of the traditional system, Buglab will soon become a high standard platform. If you are interested in future oriented ideas of cryptocurrency then visit its site for more information.
Links to Buglab:
- Website: https://buglab.io/
- Whitepaper: https://buglab.io/assets/docs/Buglab_WhitePaper.pdf
- Fcaebook: https://www.facebook.com/buglab.co
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/joinbuglab